• Interfacing with various vendors, clients, and others for the implementation and support of networking products and services – such as VPN B2B/LAN tunnels using Cisco IOS, Firewall rule additions, SSL VPN (Cisco, Juniper)
• Install and support various perimeter network and security devices (maintain and update configurations, update code etc. for Cisco, Checkpoint, F5)
• Contribute to perimeter and overall network future infrastructure architecture and support strategy.
• Collaborate with other staff and departments to meet department and project deadlines.
• Collaborate with IT Security departments to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
• Document network infrastructure changes
• Use ITIL process and procedures for change, incident and problem management of perimeter network environments.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Cisco certification or equivalent experience
• 5+ years extensive technical experience in a variety of IS areas, including:
Design, implement and support of :
- F5 LTM and GTM
- Checkpoint and Cisco Firewalls
- Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IPAM
* Experience with other IT infrastructure technologies including network, and security perimeter technologies in a converged voice/data network environment.
* 1+ year experience with SSL VPN technologies(Juniper, Cisco)
• Proven troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work equally well in team or independent situations
2. Cisco any connect
3. Security Vulnerabilities
• Experience with Cisco switch/router gear (ISR, ASR, Catalyst 6500 series, 3700 series, Nexus 7000,5000,2000 series)
• Experience with regulatory compliance requirements ( such as HIPAA and PCI)
• Experience with IDS/IPS Platforms
• Experience with NAC (Network Access Control) Platforms
• Experience with PKI, RADIUS, RSA, TACACS
• Experience with auditing and assessment tools such as Tufin and Qualys
• BGP, EIGRP, OSPF routing experience
Soft Skills Needed:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and business analysis skills.
Summary: The main function of a Systems Engineer is to perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment, providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure. Job Responsibilities: Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment to the specifications of the business Maintain software applications and operating systems through regular maintenance Maintain configuration and support documentation Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives Supervise the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users Maintain multi-site network operations, software applications, operating systems through regular maintenance Troubleshoot malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required 10+ years experience required Broad knowledge of IT Systems engineering Experience with system capacity and planning, as well as functional configuration and audit Experience with system planning and capacity tools and analyses
Primary Skills: Cisco