Electro-Mechanical Test Engineer, Senior Level: BioDevices
“Experience in testing EM devices for performance and reliability required”
“Large scale EM Device Testing/Test Systems/Failure Analysis”
Skills : Electromechanical/ Testing/ Failure analysis/ bio-devices/ development/ reliability/ performance
• The Electro-Mechanical Test Engineer (EMTE) is a key position in the development process of bio-devices for the animal health industry.
• This position is responsible for development of performance and HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) test systems, RWUP (Real World Usage Profile) modeling, as well as reporting on results from testing and failure analysis of sub-systems and components of electro-mechanical bio-devices.
• The EMTE will be responsible for the development of new test methodologies and the support of existing system designs.
• The EMTE is expected to work independently and at times lead entire test system development efforts, test plans, and execution of testing, in close collaboration with Engineering, Quality Control, and Manufacturing under the direction of Sr. Engineering Management.
• The person in this position will often influence the efforts of other engineers and bio integration team members during the course of a project, although no specific supervisory responsibilities are attached to the job.
The Electro-Mechanical Test Engineer (EMTE) has a variety of responsibilities, including:
• Provide influence to develop a culture of data driven testing and engineering development with a product reliability mindset, given high level direction.
• Participate in system engineering for complex electromechanical systems to validate mechanical and controls interactions.
• Responsible for development of performance and HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) test systems, including working with outside vendors to create custom designed electromechanical test systems.
• Develop Real World Usage Profile (RWUP) models, and test system validation and verification. Each test system must have thorough documentation including prints, BOM, and procedure for use.
• Provide test engineering leadership for multiple test projects, including new products from design concept to full manufacturing introduction.
• Perform root cause problem solving and technical support, including teardown analysis of test and field failure parts.
• Provide detailed test/analysis results in written reporting format for engineering and biological audiences.
• Extensive interaction with engineering in design, analysis and other technical requirements.
• Execute test planning, test timelines, test execution, test results, and reporting for product development.
• Initiates justification and implementation of new test methodology and technology to provide RWUP testing capability.
• This position will be working in a matrix organization and will interact closely with multidisciplinary teams, which include Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Customer Service and QC.
Education And Experience
• B.S. in an Engineering discipline with minimum of 5 years demonstrated senior level electro-mechanical testing and failure analysis experience in an automated/robotic machinery environment or Associates degree in an Engineering discipline with 10 years of relative experience.
Technical Skills Requirements
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing and implementing electro-mechanical test plans and test systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency performing failure analysis of electro-mechanical subsystems and components for root cause determinations.
• Demonstrated experience with statistical calculations, analysis and reporting.
• Demonstrated proficiency with test engineering tools, such as root cause analysis (8D, fish-bone diagrams,
• Design of Experiment (DoE), etc.), Real World Usage Profile (RWUP) modeling, HALT and environmental testing.
• Demonstrated experience in critical thinking and problem solving skills, planning and organizing, decision-making
• Excellent communication skills, influencing and leading, facilitation and team work capabilities.
Physical Position Requirements
• Candidate will work mostly at the Durham site either in an office environment or a development lab environment.
• Travel to customer facilities will be required. Less than 10% travel required.