In person interview required.
Primary Skills: C#, .net core, Angular, Azure, SQL
• Go-to expert in one area of the codebase; understands the broad software architecture of the entire system.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our infrastructure and our build system, including Visual Studio, Jenkins, and Git.
• Internal or external certifications in one or more client core technologies.
• Thinks at the enterprise level for reliability, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, portability, and security.
• Takes the initiative to fix issues before being assigned them. Seeks empirical evidence through proof of concepts, tests and external research.
• Delivers complex products to QA that they believe are well-baked and bug-free.
• End-to-end responsibility on projects of increasing complexity; contributes to common code.
• Regularly delivers software on-time and is constantly working to make accurate estimates and deliver on those estimates.
• Understands the business supported by their system/project or the system/project they support.
• Possesses empathy with the user of the software they are producing and uses that empathy to guide decision-making.
• Identifies problems/risks of own work and others.
• Communicates technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and the wiki.
• Identifies and proactively tackles technical debt before it grows into debt that requires significant up-front work to resolve
• Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for their own work and adjacent work and communicates these issues early to help course-correct.
• Mentors junior engineers via pairing, design review, and code review. Contributes frequently to sprint demos reviews and retrospectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to lead a software engineering team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field, from a four-year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relevant industry certification, such as MCSA or MCSE, is preferred.
• A minimum of 6-9+ years relevant experience in software development, information systems, or equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
Expert level proficiency with the following technologies:
• Expert understanding of C# (6+ years).
• Expert on service-oriented designs and technologies (AJAX, XML/JSON). RESTful technologies and webservices a must.
• Expert understanding of MS SQL
• Ability to create and alter schemas
• Ability to trouble shoot and understand stored procedures
• Good understanding of .NET core.
• Understands API management and configuration.
• Good understanding Azure cloud technologies and services.
• Good understanding of PAAS hosted APIs
• Entity Framework to interact with data sources. ADO layer experience and Entity data modeling a plus.
• Understands design patterns, specifically Dependency Injection.
• SQL/NoSQL and specific to JSON document database technologies. DynamoDB or CosmosDB (DocumentDB).
• Version control such as Git and code review type tools such as GitHub and GitFlow.
• Continuous Integration/Delivery toolkits such as Jenkins/Puppet
• Can understand TDD and can add Unit testing to make full code coverage.
• Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
• Excellent knowledge of agile software development methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies.
• Excellent knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Excellent knowledge of relational database management system technologies and tools.
• Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and demeanor.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office suite including Visio.
• Expert NET core a major plus!
• Has a ton of middleware to backend tier development experience!
• Loves animals and can empathize with the customers shopping at client