Primary Skills: SFCC (Demandware) Development experience, and ideally a little architecture.
The Senior Developer contributes to ecommerce web development initiatives, developing high quality code and helping to improve the processes we use.
This person will work with our project management team to help define requirements and technical specifications.
The developer will also collaborate with our UX team to create feasible designs and functional user workflows.
A senior developer has the ability to architect entire development solutions and can work mostly independently to implement project specs or fix bugs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Building solid HTML/CSS, cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages
• Developing and maintaining optimized Demandware templates and pipelines/controllers
• Drive initiatives to continually enhance and optimize the front and back-end client e-commerce codebase for speed and flexibility
• Architecting high-level code structures / pattern usage.
• Troubleshooting bugs within a complex, global code base
• Provide level of effort for your projects, as well as provide direction on scope and determine overall feasibility
• Create and document development specifications and work completed
• Active participation through all phases of the development lifecycle
• Provide status updates and communication on projects to e-commerce business users and other stakeholders.
• Mentoring, assisting, and guiding junior developers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• BA in Computer Science or a related degree, or commensurate experience
• 5+ years’ experience as a web developer, Demandware/SFCC preferred
• Significant experience creating new code in at least one back-end coding language
• Architected and lead completion of several large projects (integrations, APIs, refactoring, etc.)
• Familiarity with code repository systems, Git preferred
• Responsive design experience (or similar mobile and tablet work)
• Experience converting and/or slicing PSDs to CSS (or similar)
• Understanding of and experience with mobile and web-based design constraints, editors, browser platforms and their differences
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming practices
• Self-directed and able to juggle multiple priorities
• Demonstrated flexibility and collaboration in fast-paced production environment
• Ability to provide insight, thoughts and contribute feedback to the team on various projects from a technical perspective.
• Adaptability to pick up and work without supervision
Note: Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship