Primary Skills: Java
Team Overview (Rebates Team)
• This team helps to automate rebate business from their external clients (health insurance providers)
• They have some full-service clients where client adjudicates claims every night, but then also have just rebate clients, where they process rebates. This process is clunky. Clients don’t send info on time. Onboarding new clients takes a while. Lots of steps for claims to be in the right format to process. They think they can automate more of this process.
• This team is one of the 3 pilot groups at client working in an Agile environment
• Back end reporting – help streamline process to make this development easier
• This resource will be handling tons of records. They need to be able to handle high volume batches, lots of claims. Need to be efficient and process focused.
• Will pair with on developer for the first few months until they get up to speed.
• Healthcare or claims experience. Doesn’t need to be a PBM, but any company who processes large claims or within healthcare.
• Strong relational database experience, DB2 preferred, but he is open to others
• Strong SQL skills
• Full stack Java (5-7 years) , end to end development. Will likely be more backend focused, but wants someone who can do both in case the team and skillsets shift
The Senior Java Developer – Rebates, will be working as a Full-Stack developer on one of the most technically advanced teams. You will be doing Agile development using Java/J2EE, Spring/Hibernate. Etc. on an application that uses Grid Computing and Big Data sets.
Design and implement new features for the Rebates product. Analyze and evaluate proposed application systems to process data. Design, code, test, debug and document programs. Collaborate with other team members by providing technical advice and training.
• Consult with business users, systems analysts, technical leads and project managers to establish specifications and agree on timeframe for completion of assigned requests.
• Write detailed description of user needs, system design, program functions, and steps required to modify computer systems. Review specifications with systems analysts, technical leads and business user to ensure compliance with requirements.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degree of complexity. Install applications into production environments following change control processes.
• Work with systems analysts, technical leads and business users to develop and implement acceptance test plan to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
• Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
• Maintain regular communication on project status with Team lead, project management, and IS management.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5 years Java Development experience.
• Thorough understanding of, and ability to apply, computer software, hardware, and database concepts.
• 3-5 years Hibernate experience.
• DB2 experience is a plus.
• 6-8 years systems analysis and programming experience.
• Strong problem-solving and systems analysis skills.
• Strong problem solving and business analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Multi-tasking skills including:
• Ability to coordinate multiple complex requests simultaneously.
• Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines.
• Ability to see the “big picture” and understand how tasks interconnect and impact other tasks.