In person interview required.
1. 7+ years of hands on experience working with core Java/J2EE Technologies
2. Experience working with Web Services like REST, SOAP, and JSON
3. Strong communication skills, will work closely with the BA’s and Testers on the project
Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions.
Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products.
Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects.
Essential Job Functions
• Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
• Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
• Review code developed by other Developers.
• Provide input to and drive programming standards.
• Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
• Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
• Consult with other Developers, Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
• “Scope” time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other Developers, Business Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
• Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
• Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
• Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
• Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 7 or more years of IT development/programming/coding professional work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Flexible team player
• Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
• Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle
• Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
• Proficiency using debugging tools
• High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Demonstrated Proficiency with:
o Java / J2EE technologies
o Various frameworks (i.e. – Spring, JDBC, Hibernate etc.)
o Developing service oriented applications and Web Services (both SOAP and REST)
o XML, XSD
o IBM WebSphere v7 or above
o Messaging systems (WebSphere MQ, Kafka)
o SQL / PL SQL or similar query language for DB2, UDB, or Oracle
o Proficiency using versioning tools like SVN, Gitlab
o Build technologies like ANT, Gradle
o Development experience using Mongo DB
o IDE / Eclipse / RAD or similar development and debugging tools
• Experience using Agile methodology
• Specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
• Experience with Spring Boot
• Experience with Redhat OpenShift
• Experience with REACT, NodeJS
Note: Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship