Updated on May 17, 2019
- Referral Bonus
- Signing Bonus
Pay Rate $51.34 per hour
Experience 7-12 Years
Eligibility Green Card, US citizen
Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in one or more of the following areas: combustion/performance/emissions, cool/lube/fuel systems, air handling, system integration, after treatment integration, after treatment integration, cycle simulation, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or after treatment simulation.
This laboratory test focused position designs or specifies test systems that allow operation of Cummins’ products in a laboratory environment for engineering evaluation to optimize our product designs. This position also involves the specification, design, implementation, validation and support of test systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems.
* Investigates product test system and process problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
* Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as test system specification, design and validation and tools such as FMEA, 7-step problem solving, and process hazard analysis, required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
* Obtains input and negotiates with lab customers, lab technicians, and component suppliers and delivers test system requirements, processes, and instructions to lab technicians, product functional test engineers and equipment suppliers.
* Makes decisions in the areas of component selection, calibration processes, and operating processes that impact test equipment accuracy, reliability and operating cost.
* Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
* Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
* Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
* Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
* Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
o Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
o Provides input on program-related decisions.
o Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
o Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
o Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
Position Requirements, Qualifications & Competencies:
* While candidates with Bachelors’ degrees are preferred – the manager is more concerned about finding candidates with the needed applicable experience.
* Manager is seeking candidates with a minimum of 4 – 7 years’ relevant working experience. Experience as it relates to testing engines, test engineering, thermal testing, etc. Responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Experience with lab or dynamometer engine testing preferred.
o Candidates with experience only as it relates to college projects, classes, internships/co-ops, etc. are not a fit for this opening. Candidates needs to have actual “boots on the ground”, hands-on working experience in a role like or similar to this.
* Fundamentals of thermal and fluid sciences, and/or physical chemistry - Specialized knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This knowledge includes both analytical and experimental applications. Ability to apply this knowledge to areas such as engines, after treatment systems, fuel systems, air handling systems, power generation and filtration systems.
* Data Quality - Identifies, understands and corrects flaws in data that supports effective information governance across operational business processes and decision making.
* Energy conversion systems knowledge - Strong energy conversion systems knowledge. Energy conversion systems knowledge includes an understanding of the working principles of power generation, including engines and systems related to engines, such as after treatment systems, air handling systems, fuel systems, and filtration systems.
Earn money by referring your friends to their next dream job, or find a job for yourself and the Referral Bonus becomes a Signing Bonus. Full time or Contract.
We’ll give you between several hundred and several thousand dollars for every successful referral.
Job applications with personal recommendations are twice as likely to get hired.
Absolutely zero sign up and subscription fees. We want to pay YOU!
All jobs on iEndorseU come with a Signing Bonus if you find a job for yourself
No credit card needed
We pay you directly through Paypal, so keep your personal information…personal.
Get others to download our app and we will pay you $100 whenever they next get a job through our platform.