We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data engineering opportunities, including optimizing data flow, validation and collection of data from various systems. The ideal candidate is an experienced data engineer and data science who enjoys optimizing data systems, data analysis and visualization . The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing opportunities. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple accounts, systems and products.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
• Broad view on data engineering and data science concepts
• Exposure to data engineering products, frameworks and tools
• Experience with assemble large, complex data sets (Big data) that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data ingestion, transform, validate, re-designing Big Data infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Experience to build architectures for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
• Experience in building analytics tools that utilize the data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design and architects teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Work with data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing data accelerators.
• Work with data and analytics experts.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
• Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
• Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.