In person interview required.
Primary Skills: 10+ years' experience, Data management, data quality, data security, data privacy
The candidate would have a leadership position focused on developing, designing and implementing technology and process to drive a comprehensive data protection strategy. The team will be chartered with:
* Determining the firms data protection business and technical requirements for data protection including legal, regulatory and compliance drivers including data privacy, data protection monitoring and data classification
* Defining and documenting the firms cyber data protection policies and standards
* Provide architectural advice and guidance to the firms enterprise data protection solution providers including business, application, and infrastructure teams
* Driving adoption of firm standard solutions for data protection
* Develop the data protection monitoring strategy by analyzing common vectors for data leakage
* Identify data protection metrics to be presented regularly to leadership The function will include managing the people, process and technologies responsible for:
* Perform research and analysis of business needs, technology capabilities, and legal, jurisdictional or company requirements related to data protection.
* Develop data protection controls recommendations through understanding of key business processes, prioritization of data protection, and technology capabilities limitations.
* Perform data protection assessments of the existing environment to identify areas from potential control uplift
* Provide subject matter expertise in the development and maintenance of policies, standards, and governance surrounding data protection
* Coordinates the implementation of various data protection initiatives, collaborating as part of a global governance team
* Define data protection monitoring rules and develop workflow for reacting and escalating potential incidents. Supports the evaluation of and response to data protection incidents.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Industry certifications such as CISSP or CISM a plus.
* 12-15 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
* Minimum seven years of cyber security and data protection or privacy experience
* Strong knowledge of leading edge data protection technologies such as encryption, data leakage prevention, secure data disposal, physical and logical security, data masking and obfuscation, and digital rights management
* Solid understanding of geographically diverse data protection and privacy issues and concerns. Familiarity with various global regulations and industry standards for data protection
* Understanding of information security issues impacting data protection and data privacy programs including recommended application architecture for those applications which process personal or client confidential data
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Notes from Manager:
* Will this be temp to perm? NO * How many years of experience are you looking for? 10-15
* Is financial experience a must? NO
* Degree required/type? BA or Masters * What are the top 3 skills that youll be looking for on a resume? Data security, strategy, cybersecurity
Note: Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship