Python,Java, spring boot, cloud experience, heavy data backend role, no UI experience needed. Terraform, Ansible experience needed
Ideal software developer will have ETL experience. This Data Management team works with over 100M active records.
For automation and scripting, they us Terraform, Ansible, Python and Perl. Any sort of scripting skills would be okay if the person is able to crank out Java code. Role was broken down as: 20% analysis, 20% support, 30% development, 30% operational (CICD, unit testing). All backend.
Java experience required. Cloud/technical background would be a plus. API experience a MUST. Heavy data and scripting skills a Must. Spring board framework. Understands unit testing. Encryption experience is a plus along with SpringBoot.
This position would be part of EWS' data loader and data management for Employer Services. All data loaded from companies will be stored in GCP and used to fulfill requests for Employer service platforms. All data is also loaded to client data fabric. While we'd like full-stack engineers to work across skills, it's a Must that candidates have strong back-end skills in Java, Spring Boot and either Oracle/SQL Server or Cloud (preferably GCP or AWS).
Job Title: Sr. Software Developer - Java Summary:
* Design, code, test and implement of new applications across client delivery platforms according to development standards and processes.
* 6+ years of software development experience with extremely strong skills in Java & Unix.
* Assist production support of applications in PROD and Pre PROD.
* Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality.
* Hands-On experience with Code builds and CI/CD processes.
* Analyze a problem and choose the best and most cost-effective solution. Required Technology Skillset:
* Extensive experience in analysis, design, coding, testing, developing, debugging, configuring, deploying, and supporting enterprise applications using Java.
* Strong Experience in scripting languages like Powershell, Bash.
* Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM(GIT, SVN), Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), Nexus, CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools like Octopus.
* Experience in NoSQL Databases like MongoDB.
* Experience with API frameworks like Springboot.
* Experience with developing for Linux environments.
* Extremely strong skills in writing high performance production quality code with focus on logging and exception handling
* Strong object-oriented analysis, design, and programming experience and SOLID principles
* Experience in implementing various design patterns like MVC, Singleton, Factory, Abstract Factory, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Front Controller, Data Access Objects and Data Transfer Objects.
* Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, UML and associated tools such as Rational Rose.
* Experience in Jira, Confluence, Agile/Scrum development methodology
* Extensive exposure on administration, troubleshooting, configuration, deployment and support activities of enterprise applications on WebSphere Application Server and Apache Tomcat.
* Experience in performing code review
* Proven experience in Test Driven Development and Automation working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
* Highly motivated, creative, self-directed, and thrives in small Agile teams in multi-site settings
* Strong computer science fundamentals including a deep understanding of data structures and distributed algorithms
* Ensure proper governance of technical deliveries, including supporting artifacts.
* Be responsible for the functional integrity and proper operation of all supported systems
* Working closely with Development, QA, Product Management, and Production Ops teams to make sure Product Releases on-time with quality.
* Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
* Works well independently and requires little or no supervision. Strong verbal/written communication skills.