Principal Duties/Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop automation tools, scripts, or software for maintaining each platform. This includes the development of APIs and UI's to support self-service for feature teams.- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance and resiliency, while constantly assessing the overall quality of delivered components.
- Automate the provisioning of environments in AWS, building infrastructure from the ground up with Terraform and deploying applications using Docker containers.
- Clearly communicate technical information to stakeholders. Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with leadership, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex business problems together.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and mentor other members of the development community to continuously improve our software engineering practices.
- Discerning: You have a strong familiarity with some combination of the following: GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform, Docker or Kubernetes, but you also understand the importance of selecting the right technology tool for the task.
- Insatiably Curious: You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut, but are also able to work effectively in a team setting to identify solutions together.
- Automator: You know what continuous integration means, and believe automation is the path to happiness. You know how to script and automate anything and everything, from tests to environment provisioning
Required Skills/Must Have:
AWS EC2, AWS S3, Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent military experience
- AWS or Azure Professional Certification
- 3 years of experience in application monitoring and log analytics tools (Datadog, New Relic, Splunk, ELK), with a solid understanding of how to implement effective automated application monitoring and system in a Commercial off the Shelf platform
- 5 years working with cloud-based infrastructure in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, SNS, etc.)
- 3 years building with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- 3 years of experience with using container technologies or deploying a micro-services architecture
Preferred Skills /Desired but not required:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- A proven track record of using version control systems and automated build tools for continuous integration and deployment (GitHub, Artifactory, and Jenkins) in multiple recent projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple large-scale deployments of applications hosted on AWS, including automating every aspect of delivering those applications and ongoing support of the full stack once in production.