Principal Duties/Roles and responsibilities:
The Cybersecurity organization is seeking a Cloud Security Architect who is passionate about their work and making a difference. The Cloud Security Architect will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, to architect integrations with existing security policies, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment. This is a position with a high degree of autonomy, candidate must be able to prioritize competing tasks and initiatives and follow through to completion.
• Develop next-generation cloud security framework, governance, and policies.
• Lead the Cloud Security Infrastructure Design and Architecture.
• Educate business and technology stakeholders on value propositions of cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud (such as AWS, Azure).
• Capture and share leading-practice knowledge amongst the technology community.
• Lead/support implementation of cloud environments and agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure.
• Lead the architecting and design of complex cloud solutions.
• Review and finalize reference architectures for cloud-native high-performance environments, designing business solutions in the cloud, developing deployment migration, operation, and monitoring guides.
• Coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and provide insight and recommendations for implementing cloud security solutions.
• Lead cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory, infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., Office 365).
• Develop strategic and tactical security remediation recommendations / cyber risk roadmap to address identified security gaps.
• Lead cybersecurity controls testing across cloud environments to determine control effectiveness and adherence to both internal cybersecurity policies and standards and external requirements (e.g. certifications, laws, regulations, and contracts).
• Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods, and tools to support cloud adoption for secure migration of existing workloads to a cloud vendor. This may cover services such as tenant setup and service configuration focused on cloud cyber risk mitigation, IAM (e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
• Ensure DevSecOps systems we build are robust in the sense they can scale, handle rapid growth, and limit exposure to single points of failure and security vulnerabilities.
Required Skills/Must Have:
cloud security architect (AWS or Azure)
IAM e.g., PIM/PAM, MFA, SSO, Conditional Access), data protection (e.g., DLP, encryption, PKI), network security (e.g., firewalls, WAF), etc.
Excellent communication and ability to work with stakeholders at various levels
Note: Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship